Friday, February 27, 2009

new iPhone rocks, kinda...

Well alright, day four with my iPhone 3G and well I've got to say it is really fresh in many ways. It's still ugly but these ugly things allow it to be so darn functional. The body bulges out more in the middle, allowing for more CPU guts and hardware tings. The reason I hate it so much design wise is that it is no longer a rectangular prism, slab kinda of thing but more like any other phone. Oh course this is only on the outside.

I LOVE the reception on the new iPhone because it is much better than the old model. With my iPhone 1.0 I really couldn't get a signal in my house at all, except if I ran over to the window in the backyard. With the 3G iPhone I get a decent signal anywhere in my house. I HATE the plastic backing but I LOVE that the plastic backing gives a better signal.

I HATE that the battery life is worse than the 1.0 iPhone, I would assume this is because of the 3G thing. It does seem a tad bit faster but honestly I can't really tell that is is much faster.

I HATE that the 3G iPhone will not charge with my car charger. I HATE that the 3G iPhone won't fit into my boom box speaker system, because it is wider and fatter than the 1.0.

I LOVE the speakers on the 3G iPhone. Light years ahead of the 1.0 iPhone. I mean these babies rock. I don't need to connect it to my car stereo, it rocks raw dog. You can hear it loud and clear in the back seat. nice.

I LOVE the GPS. When you get the dot, fear not. I mean I live in New York City and I can actually zoom to the point of seeing the lane I am in on 6th avenue (nice). Of course this is sucking down my battery life also.

I LOVE the fact that the 3G iPhone really turns into landscape when I turn it 90 degrees. The 1.0 would often not respond when I turned it.

I would LOVE to get 16GB iPhone but I'm kind of poor when it comes to money.

No comments:

Post a Comment